We’re delighted that our Patient and Public Research Panel (PPRP), established under the 2015–2022 NIHR BTRU in ODT, continues to support us in the current NIHR BTRU in ODT.
Our panel members meet on a quarterly basis and support our work in many ways including:
- Providing their feedback on potential new organ donation and transplantation research projects
- Developing and refining research questions
- Providing advice on recruitment methods, ethical issues, and study documentation
- Providing feedback to and obtaining feedback from patients, carers and the public about research activities and results
- Becoming involved in specific research projects as part of advisory committees or as lay co-applicants
- Assisting with researcher and peer training
- Discussing their experiences as part of engagement or university teaching events
Our PPRP has a terms of reference document which provides more information and answers common questions about how the panel works.
If you’d like further information, or you’re interested in becoming part of the panel, please contact our PPIE Lead, Hannah Murray: email@example.com